In this article, we're going to list the 7 best music recording studios in Portland, Oregon.
If you are searching for a high-quality and feature-rich recording studio in Portland, Oregon that has great prices and amazing recording engineers to work with your music project or album, then keep reading and find out what each studio below has to offer!
This article has the most comprehensive list of the best recording studios in Portland, look no further as this list will tackle every single thing you’re looking for.
These are the 7 highest-rated music studios in Portland. To view all local music studio, visit our directory of recording studios.
Black Diamond Recording Studios
Located 15 minutes east of Downtown Portland, Black Diamond Studios is a premier recording studio with cutting-edge technology, guaranteed to help creative individuals fulfill their projects and exceed their expectations.
Black Diamond Studios is well-equipped with an extensive collection of high-quality microphones, instruments, converters, and many more studio gear.
The studio has a team of highly-trained, professional, and friendly staff. The sound engineers are enthusiastic and supportive, making sure that the recording session goes well and people are able to produce high-quality music.
Black Diamond Studios have been getting tons of positive reviews and for good reason, they’ve perfectly nailed having wonderful staff, state-of-the-art equipment for a competitive price. Many consider their services and rates to be extremely worth it which is why many continue to choose the studio over and over again.
If you’re looking for a studio with excellent services with prices that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, then choosing Black Diamond Studios as your studio of choice is a perfect choice!
1424 SE 162nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233
|Studio + Engineer||E-mail for more information|
|Production||E-mail for more information|
Falcon Recording Studio
Looking for a studio with affordable rates? Falcon Recording Studios has you covered! This recording studio dedicates to providing producing opportunities and unleashing the potential of talented individuals.
Falcon Recording Studios has four well-equipped studios, each one contains different kinds of recording and producing equipment specifically tailored to one’s needs. If you’re unsure of which studio is best for you, then Falcon Recording Studios’ team of wonderful sound engineers is there to guide and help you along the way.
Considered as one of Portland’s finest recording studios, Falcon Recording Studios has received a lot of high praises from its patronages for the consistency of top-notch services and the hospitality of its sound engineers.
Falcon Recording Studios’ staff ensures that their rooms are comfortable and the production of music exceeds their expectations. Their sound engineers are extremely experienced in what they do, and their high levels of enthusiasm make every studio session very enjoyable and fun.
Overall, Falcon Recording Studios is a great studio to record and produce music especially if you’re a newbie since you’ll also be taught exactly how to make amazing music. It’s no wonder many choose to continue their recording sessions with them.
15 SE 15th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
|Studio A||Contact for more information|
|Studio B||Contact for more information|
|Studio C||Contact for more information|
|Studio D SW||Contact for more information|
Jackpot! Recording Studio
Built back in 1997 with a passion for music, Jackpot! Recording Studio comes with a humble history of recording sessions that soon led to this studio’s ongoing success. The studio’s stepping stones serve as an inspiration for new, up-and-coming musicians to keep pushing forward and work their way to achieving their dreams.
Jackpot! Recording Studio has an extensive collection of top-notch studio equipment such as consoles, microphones, speakers, compressors, and many more to ensure that your recording session goes smoothly.
The sound engineers for Jackpot! are exceptional and very accommodating, their politeness makes them easy to get along with, allowing the maximization of productivity within the allotted time period. Many are impressed by how knowledgeable their staff is, and would more often than not recommend first-timers to hire an engineer to help out with their project.
If you’re a newbie and in need of proper assistance, then Jackpot! Recording Studios is the perfect place for you to host a recording session and unleash your potential.
2420 SE 50th Ave, Portland, OR 97206
|Studio Day Rate (Without engineer)||$350 per day|
|Studio Hourly Rate (Without engineer)||$50 per hour|
|Engineer Rate||Contact for more information|
|Pre-session Tape Deck Calibration||$50|
|First-timers promotion||$600 for 10 hours and an in-house engineer|
|Deposit||$100 per day|
Opal Recording Studio
Opal Recording Studios was established back in 1996 with a passion-driven goal which is to provide music production opportunities for aspiring talents. They are home to artists such as Lisa Mann, Andrew Paul Woodworth, The Somersaults, and many more!
In order to produce professional and high-quality music, Opal Recording Studios has a comprehensive arsenal of the finest recording gear in the market. The selection they possess may be intimidating at first, but with the help of their team of experts, you’ll be able to pinpoint which instruments and microphones would cater to your preferences!
If you do a quick online search on this studio, you’ll be surprised to see that they have a five-star rating on Google. Many are impressed especially by Opal’s curated staff of informative, friendly, and supportive sound engineers. They know exactly how to achieve your wants and desires when it comes to music production.
For a studio that can achieve so much in less time, Opal Recording Studios is indeed a bang for your buck!
6219 SE Powell Boulevard, Portland, OR 97206
|Studio (Recording, Editing, Mixing)||$60 per hour$250 for a 5-hour block ($50 per hour)$400 per day (9 hours)|
|Mastering||$40 per track$300 for 10 songs|
|Music Production||Contact for more information|
|Consulting/Lessons||$60 per hour|
|First Timer Deposit||Contact for more information|
Portland Underground Recording
Portland Underground Recording is a premier recording studio that’s been helping independent artists thrive in the industry. The studio promises to deliver professional and high-quality music production every single time.
Many of their clients are impressed by the professionalism and the supportiveness that’s made possible by their wonderful team of engineers. Portland Underground’s sound engineers are there to ensure that your recording session goes smoothly.
Whether your upcoming project is big or small, rest assured that the results you get with Portland Underground will go beyond your imagination. Their sound and production quality ensures that you get the best results possible, leaving no room for disappointments!
Portland Underground Recording is a great choice for aspiring musicians and newbies who are looking for an elite studio that will take their music to the next level.
2718 SW Kelly Ave, Portland, OR 97201
|Recording (Engineer included)||$65 per hour$500 per day|
|eMastering||$75 for single song mastering$60 each for 5 or more songs$50 each for 10 or more songs|
|eMixing||$475 for single song mixing$400 each for 5 or more songs$350 each for 10 or more songs|
|Recording Session with an in-house engineer||$130 for 2 hours$180 for 3 hours$240 for 4 hours$275 for 5 hours$330 for 6 hours|
This award-winning post-production studio has been a home for many freelance artists and musicians in Portland. Digital One provides a safe space for independent individuals to freely express their creativity and help make their dreams come to life.
It doesn’t matter what kind of project you have, it’s always guaranteed that Digital One will help you every step of the way so that you are leaving their studio satisfied.
Digital One has an extensive collection of microphones, compressors, amps, and other equipment necessary for production. If you’re intimidated by the number of choices, then their sound engineers are more than happy to assist you.
They have a wonderful team of professionals who know exactly what to do, don’t be afraid to ask for help since their staff are incredibly friendly and are willing to answer your queries about anything.
This studio may not have an elaborate history compared to others, but that doesn’t make them less credible–they know exactly how to step up in the industry and the number of returning clients just proves how reliable and excellent they are.
2112 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR 97201
Services & Costs:
|Pre-Production||Contact for more information|
|Production||Contact for more information|
|Post-Production||Contact for more information|
|Mixing||Contact for more information|
|Sound Design||Contact for more information|
Founded in 2016, B-side Studios is fueled with the passion of offering music production and recording sessions for talented individuals who are interested in working with experienced creatives in the industry.
The studio was established by Steve Strauss, an expert in the field, having worked in every facet of stage production, film, audio engineer, theater, television, and many more. This cements the fact that B-Side Studios is more of a passion project rather than a money-making scheme, wherein the people here actually care about what goes into production.
The environment is described to be laidback, you won’t feel any pressure during your session. The staff is very patient and helpful, ensuring that everything goes smoothly and the end result is better than expected.
Despite the studio only being a few years old, B-Side has a wide array of studio gear that will tickle your fancy, the equipment listed has been curated so that only the best of the best are handed out to you.
B-Side Studios is a great choice for those starting out or those who are simply looking for a new recording studio. The comfortable vibe it exudes is a breath of fresh air that’s minutes away from downtown, great music can be produced within an accessible route! Definitely brings convenience for most people.
1006 SE Grand Ave Portland, OR 97215
|Studio hourly w/ engineer||$50 hourly (minimum of 2 hours)|
|Studio daily w/ engineer||$400|
|Studio daily w/o engineer||$250|
|Rehearsal/Pre-Production||$25 hourly (minimum of 4 hours)|
Don't Forget Your Recording Session Essentials...
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
SAMSUNG SSD T7 Portable External Solid State Drive 1TB, Up to 1050MB/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Reliable Storage for Gaming, Students, Professionals, MU-PC1T0T/AM, Gray
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including crucial business documents, games, or movies.Computer Platform:PC
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s, respectively, making the T7 2x as fast as the previous T5 model
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody construction adds further protection, keeping your data safe from falls of up to 6 ft and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at an optimal temperature even at fast speeds
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take your files on the go
- FIND YOUR BEST FIT: Pick a color from classic gray to striking blue and red, and choose from three capacities to fit what your lifestyle demands: 500 GB, 1TB, or 2TB
- SIMPLE SETUP: The T7 comes embedded with software to help you set up a password to get the latest firmware updates for your PC, Mac, or Android devices; You can also download the mobile app for Android smartphones and tablets
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
BLJIB Portable Charger 32000mAh, 22.5W QC 3.0 PD 20W Smart LED Display Fast Charging Built in Cables Power Bank, External Battery Pack Charge 5 Devices Compatible with Cellphones (Black)
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a business trip or on the go, you don't have to worry about your phone low battery; Power bank built in cable with LED display shows the remaining battery, and the low power remind will let you know when need be recharged.
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability, tear-resistant, bend-resistant; suitable for most smartphones, or other devices, no worry about the cables when going out.
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices including earphones, mobile phones, smartwatches. Fully recharge this portable charger power bank only need 6.5 hours with a PD 20W charger, which will help you save more time.
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to charge for Samsung S20 up to 65% by the original mobile phone charging cable, it greatly shortens your charging time; And you can charge 5 devices simultaneously, perfect for sharing them with your family and friends. (Note: If not charged with the original cable, the charging speed will be twice as slow )
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple safety protection including overcharge, overheat, short circuit, etc; which improve your safety and prolong battery life; It weighs less than a 500ml bottle of water, a little heavy but great choice for camping, traveling, hiking or other outdoor activities.
- What You Get: 1 * BLJIB 32000mAh power bank, 1 * Type-C fast charging cable, 1 * User Manual. And 3 years warranty policy and 24 hours friendly customer service. (Reminder: The battery bank is NOT TSA approved)
You never know when you're going to need a power bank. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.