Murray, KY is a fantastic location for artists looking to record their songs. With a variety of recording studios to pick from, Murray, KY is an excellent option for musicians on the hunt for the ideal spot to produce their music. This article will help you evaluate some of the city’s finest choices so that you can make an informed decision about where to record your next song.
And, if you are not entirely satisfied with our choices, we have an entire directory of recording studios in Kentucky for you to choose from!
In no particular order, here are the top recording studios in Murray, KY:
Stoney Brook Records
Murray State University Recording Studio
What To Bring To Your Studio Session
Once you’ve found a studio and booked time, the next step is to prepare for your session!
This means having all of your songs ready to go – drums, guitars, bass, and vocals should all be tracked before you arrive at the studio.
You could do this by bringing a USB or having them on your Google Drive or something similar.
Additionally, if you do not know your song by heart, it is a good idea to have your lyrics, whether hand-written or on your phone, ready to go.
No one wants to waste time at the studio searching for a lost lyric sheet!
Finally, it is always helpful to have a general idea of what you want your final product to sound like.
This will help the engineer know how to best EQ and compress your tracks during mixing.
And, if you have any specific questions or requests, be sure to communicate those with the engineer before you start recording.
What To Expect From Your Recording Session
When booking studio time, it’s important to know what you’re getting into – and what you should expect from the experience.
For starters, most studios will require a deposit upfront, which will go towards the total cost of your session.
Additionally, it is important to be aware that recording sessions can sometimes run over schedule, so it is always a good idea to book more time than you think you will need.
It’s better to have too much time and not need it, than to run out of time and have to start over on another date because the studio is fully booked.
Most importantly, recording studios are creative spaces – so be prepared to be creative!
This means being open to trying new things and experimenting with different sounds.
Don’t be afraid to ask the engineer for help if you’re feeling stuck – that’s what they’re there for!
Don’t Forget Your Recording Session Essentials…
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including...
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast...
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody...
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at...
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take...
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a...
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability,...
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices...
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to...
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple...
You never know when you’re going to need a power bank. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.