Musicians and producers looking for their second home will find that Manhattan has a lot to offer in terms of recording studios. Manhattan is home to some of the most world-renowned studios, as well as up-and-coming spaces that are quickly making a name for themselves.
Here are our top picks for recording studios in Manhattan:
Best Practices When Booking Studio Time
When you’re finally ready to take your music to the next level and book some studio time, there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Do your research ahead of time and read reviews of the studios you’re considering. This will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of quality and service.
- Once you’ve decided on a studio, reach out to them and get a quote for the time you need. Be sure to ask about any additional costs that may be associated with your session, such as engineering fees or rental costs for equipment.
- When you book your session, be sure to get a contract that outlines the details of your agreement. This will protect you in case there are any misunderstandings or problems during your session.
- Be prepared ahead of time with a clear idea of what you want to achieve during your studio time. This will help you make the most of your time and avoid costly mistakes.
- Have realistic expectations for your session. Remember that even the best studios can’t work magic – it takes hard work and dedication to make great music.