If you're a musician on the hunt for the best recording studios in Covington, KY, you've come to the right place. Here at Industry Hackerz, we've compiled a list of the top studios in the area based on reviews, cost, and amenities.
And what's more, whether you're looking for a professional-grade studio or something low-key but high-quality – our directory is full to the brim!
In no particular order, here are the top recording studios in Covington, KY:
Hopefully this resource is helpful… here they are:
The SoundWorkshop Recording studio
Soap Floats Recording
Lifeboat Digital Media
What To Expect From Your Studio Session
First of all, don't expect to walk into the studio and immediately start recording. There will be a lot of set-up involved first, including setting up your instruments and sound equipment.
Once everything is ready to go, the engineer will need to do a soundcheck. This is simply to ensure that everything is working properly and that the levels are all calibrated correctly.
Once the soundcheck is complete, it's finally time to start recording! The engineer will hit the “record” button and you'll be off. Depending on the type of music you're recording, you may need to do multiple takes of each song.
Don't worry if you make a few mistakes – that's why they call it “recording” and not “performing.” The engineer will be there to help guide you through the process and make sure that everything sounds great.
When you're done recording, the engineer will then mix and master your tracks (if you have paid for this service).
This is where all of the EQing and compression will take place to make sure your tracks sound their absolute best.
And once that's all done, you'll have a final product that you can be proud of!
What To Do With Your Masterpiece
So, you've recorded your song, and it's sounding great – now what?
Well, first things first, you need to decide how you want to release it. You can either put it out yourself or shop it around to labels and distributors. If you're not sure where to start, check out our article on How to Get Your Music Heard.
Don't Forget Your Recording Session Essentials…
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including...
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast...
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody...
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at...
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take...
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a...
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability,...
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices...
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to...
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple...
You never know when you're going to need a power bank. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.