Every serious musician who is hoping to make it in the music industry needs an entertainment lawyer! The trouble is, a good one is hard to find these days because the portion of shady attorneys continues to grow. Sadly, Connecticut has its fair share, too!
At Industry Hackerz, we understand how important it is to find a good music attorney, which is why we've cut the noise out for you.
Below, we have chosen and rated the best entertainment lawyers in Connecticut. We've also explained why it is so important to have one on the team if you wanna make it in the industry and some key questions you should be asking before you part with your hard-earned cash!
Let's get into it...
Here are the 10 Best Entertainment Lawyers In Connecticut:
Maya Murphy, P.C.
The Law Offices of Podorowsky Thompson & Baron
Why You Need An Entertainment Lawyer
When it comes to the music industry, there are a lot of potential pitfalls that an artist can fall into. Without the proper legal representation, they can find themselves in contracts that they didn't agree to, owe more money than they can afford, or have their music stolen and used without their permission.
An entertainment lawyer can help an artist protect their rights and negotiate better deals for themselves. They can make sure that the artist is getting paid what they are owed, that their music is being protected, and that they are not getting taken advantage of by anyone in the music industry.
Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Lawyer In Connecticut
1. What experience do you have in the entertainment industry?
2. Do you have any particular areas of expertise?
3. How would you help me protect my intellectual property?
4. Can you provide some examples of cases that you’ve worked on?
5. What kind of budget should I expect to pay for your services?
6. Will I be able to contact you with questions after we hire you?
7. How often will we meet, and how will we communicate between meetings?
8. What kind of paperwork will I need to sign?
9. Are there any other fees that I should be aware of?
10. How long will the process take from start to finish?
Do You Own Or Operate A Law Firm That Specialises In Entertainment Law In Connecticut?
If you do and want to be featured on this list, be sure to add your firm to our music service directory so you can be found! Likewise, if we have featured your practice, you can show it off on your site by embedding our badge below (it links back to this page!)