If you're looking for the best active studio monitors on a budget, you've come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss seven different monitors that are perfect for those on a tight budget. We'll also provide some tips on what to look for when purchasing studio monitors. So whether you're a beginner or an experienced producer, read on to find out which monitors are best for you!
- Best Active Studio Monitors on An Extreme Budget ($)
- Best Active Studio Monitors on A Tight Budget ($$)
- Best Active Studio Monitors on A Relaxed Budget ($$$)
- Mackie CR4-X 4-Inch Multimedia Monitors with Professional Studio-Quality Sound (Pair) - $
- PreSonus Eris E3.5 - 3.5" Near Field Studio Monitor (Pair) - $
- Pioneer DJ DM-40 - 21W 4" Two-Way Active Monitor (Pair) - $$
At A Glance:
Best Active Studio Monitors on An Extreme Budget ($)
If you are on an extreme budget, these are your best bet for quality and value.
Best Active Studio Monitors on A Tight Budget ($$)
If you have a little bit more to play with, but still want to keep your bank account happy you can afford to get a bit more bang for your buck with these.
Best Active Studio Monitors on A Relaxed Budget ($$$)
As 'affordable' is subjective, we have included these at the higher-end of the low budget scale.
Those are our top 7 best active studio monitors on a budget of three different price points. Now let's discuss some of their features and specs and why they have earned a spot on our list.
Mackie CR4-X 4-Inch Multimedia Monitors with Professional Studio-Quality Sound (Pair) - $
Mackie CR4-X 4'' Multimedia Monitor Speakers are strong, sturdy and designed to provide the musician with a clear and precise sound. The speakers have a power of 50 Watts and are built in pairs that can be customized to your liking using the switch on the back of one side's speaker.
Mackie CR4-X will give you a great sound that is perfect for content creators, music producers, and people who just want to enjoy listening to music without having to worry about the quality of the sound.
The speakers come with an aux input that will let you connect your device in seconds as well as a headphone output so you can listen without disturbing those around you. Mackie CR-X is a great investment for people who want to get the most out of their music and sound experience.
- The Mackie CR-X Speakers are perfect for content creators, musicians, gamers and anyone who wants studio-quality sound without complex routing or set up procedures.
- With a power of 50 Watts, these speakers provide a clear and precise sound that is perfect for any purpose.
- The aux input allows you to connect your devices in seconds while the headphone output lets you listen without disturbing those around you.
- Customizable with a switch on the back of one side's speaker, Mackie CR-X gives you the flexibility to make the speakers your own.
Mackie CR4-X Creative Reference Series 4" Multimedia Monitors (Pair)
- Flawless, Unused Condition, USA Model, All Accessories and Retail Packing Included.
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output
- Flexible inputs - 1/4”, 1/8”, and RCA
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound
- Hookup cables included
|Item Weight||7.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 8.85 x 8.25 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||CR4-X|
|Date First Available||January 16, 2020|
|Speaker Amplification Type||Active|
Are Mackie Studio Monitors good?
Answer: Whether Mackie studio monitors are good or not is subjective. Some people may love them, while others may not be as impressed. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.
Some people may love the fact that they're designed with a flat frequency response, which means that there is no coloration of the sound. This can be great for those who are mixing and mastering their own music, as they can trust that what they're hearing is an accurate representation of the sound. However, other people may find this type of response to be too clinical or sterile-sounding.
Additionally, Mackie studio monitors are known for being durable and long-lasting. So if you're someone who likes to move your equipment around a lot or is hard on your gear, then Mackie monitors may be a good option for you.
Are Mackie CR4-X Good For Mixing?
PreSonus Eris E3.5 - 3.5" Near Field Studio Monitor (Pair) - $
PreSonus Eris E3.5-3.5" Near Field Studio Monitors (Pair) – Powered Desktop Speakers for Music Production, Studio-Quality Recording, and Active Media Reference
- The reviews speak for themselves!.Waterproof : No
- The only true studio monitor for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next hit.
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic plug-in suite, over $1000 USD worth of music production software.
- 3.5-inch woven composite drivers produce a more powerful bass response with a more accurate overall sound.
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound.
- The only monitors in their class with acoustic tuning. This enables you to get pristine sound quality in any room. Crossover frequency: 2.8 kHz.
- Stereo aux input for your smartphone, headphone jack for private listening, volume, and power on/off are located on the front panel for your convenience.
- 50-watt Class AB amplification (25 Watts per speaker) provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring.
- Studio-quality industrial design. They look as great as they sound. Protection: RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient.
The PreSonus Eris 3.5" studio monitors are the ideal choice for anyone looking to produce their next hit! These impressive speakers come equipped with Studio One Prime and Magic plug-in suite, giving you access over $1000 USD worth of music production software. Not only that but they have acoustic tuning which means super quality sound wherever you are.
The powerful bass response combined with accurate highs makes them the perfect choice for a home studio, and as a budget option, they are excellent value for money.
|Item Weight||6.39 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.4 x 5.6 x 8.3 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||E3.5|
|Date First Available||October 16, 2017|
|Speaker Amplification Type||Active|
|Electric Voltage||220 Volts|
Pioneer DJ DM-40 - 21W 4" Two-Way Active Monitor (Pair) - $$
The Pioneer DJ DM-40 is a pair of compact, active studio monitors that bring excellent audio quality to your home setup. They feature a front-loaded bass reflex system for rich, tight bass and DECO* technology for a wider reach and sweet spot.
These features are combined in a compact design making the DM-40 perfect for DJing, producing, and simply enjoying music at home. The DM-40 speakers are sold as a pair and come with;
- a power cord
- speaker cable
- audio converter cable
- bottom cushions
- and operating instructions.
They also have a headphone jack for easy monitoring or connecting other devices directly to.
There are many great active studio monitors on the market, but if you're working with a tight budget, the Pioneer DJ DM-40 is a great option to consider.
Hope this helped make your decision a bit easier...
Which ones will you go for?
Drop us a comment and let us know!