We have compiled a list of the best recording studios in Tucson to help you find the perfect place to record your next album or project.
These are the most reputable recording studios in the state, with many years of experience and a long list of satisfied (and famous clients)!
If you are looking for a professional recording studio in Tucson, this is the place to start your search.
When deciding on a recording studio, here are a few things to look out for:
1. The quality of the equipment:
The better the quality of the equipment, the better your recordings will sound. Make sure to ask about the studio’s equipment before booking a session.
2. The experience of the engineers: The more experience the engineers have, the more likely they are to get great results. Ask about their experience and credentials before booking a session.
3. The studio’s location:
The closer the studio is to you, the less time and money you’ll have to spend on travel. Make sure to check out the studio’s location before booking a session.
Now that you know what to look for in a recording studio, here are our top 9 😃
- If you like a veteran studio manager with a sunny disposition, cool “street credibility, and who’s got a studio in an environment with magical desert scenery, then Water Works Recording is the place to be.
- Operated and owned by Jim Waters, a man with technical know-how and a can-do attitude, the facility is located in the hot steamy bowels of scenic Tucson, Arizona (believe it or not, it attracts clients from around the world).
- Jim has worked with many stars, including Keith Perillo, Sammy Decoster, Roman Barten-Sherman, Sundust Road, Jon Spencer, and Fredda.
- Matter of fact, he has produced and recorded many famous rock-star music personality types, including those at the top of the music food chain today.
- Coupled with Jim’s envious resume, he’s got a very impressive list of recording equipment in the industry today.
1120 S Highland Ave., Tucson, AZ 85719
- During his formative years, musicians, instruments, and sound equipment were never far from the owner of DRMX Studio, Jeff Browning (an engineer, and producer).
- Jeff was the drummer for the Matt Williams Band, and he co-produced his album [Particles] back in college. For over 12 years, he’s assisted local and international artists in churning out some great music on several projects.
- Digital Recording
- Rehearsal space
- A nonrefundable deposit is required to reserve a time slot, and you’ll pay the balance at the end of your recording session. The studio accepts cash, cards, PayPal, or whatever payment type works for you. Deposits are nonrefundable. However, sessions may be rescheduled with 2 days’ notice at no penalty.
- If you reschedule your session by giving them a 2-day notice, there’ll be no penalty on your part.
- You can make notes and revision requests throughout the mixing process, and mixes will be available for you to listen to and stream.
- When you approve a mix/master and pay the balance for a particular song, you’ll be able to download your track in 24Bit WAV, 16Bit WAV, and MP3 formats (sort of like a ‘pay as we go’ method).
|$50||Hourly Studio Sessions (2-5 hours)||Deposit to reserve a time slot.|
|$100||Daily Recording Sessions (6 hours or more)||Deposit to reserve a time slot.|
6141 W Saddle Horn Cir, Tucson, AZ 85743
Saint Celia Studios
- Steven Lee Tracy, a writer, musician, mix engineer, and producer, is the owner of Celia Saint Studios, located in Tuscon, Arizona.
- After selling his car to buy an archaic reel to reel 8 track, he became obsessed with recording music. And this is why we’re here we are now!
- Qualified freelance engineers can rent the place for a fee as the studio is intentionally designed for independent producers or engineers (aka freelancers).
- Equipment in the studio is available for artists to use at no additional cost, except for getting the piano tuned if you want it done before your session.
- Though they have a RAID Array where all projects are stored on two drives, you’re encouraged to bring your external hard drive for backups as project storage is (also) your responsibility.
|$550||10-hour day||Clok begins running when session is scheduled to start|
|$300||5-hour day||Clok begins running when session is scheduled to start|
|$300||10-hour day||Studio rental for freelancers (independent producers or engineers)|
|$175||5-hour day||Studio rental for freelancers (independent producers or engineers)|
|$150||Cost to tune a Kawai Piano||Studio needs 3 weeks notice.|
232 S. Tucson Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85716
- Luna Recording Studio records Flamenco, Classical, Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Country, Metal, and EDM.
- Located in Tuscon, Arizona, the studio owner and lead engineer George Nardo loves to help people realize their musical dreams.
- Their Pro tools HD studio features a 32 analog in and out and a track count of 128. If you want your project transferred to a CD and DVD, they’ll help you with that.
- Celia Studios has you covered whether you’re a band or a songwriter who wants to record a CD of your original songs.
- The equipment features some impressive names in the industry like SSL XL Desk Super Analog, Pro Tools HD, Synthesizers, Reverbs, and Compressors.
4500 E Speedway Blvd Suite 86, Tucson, AZ 85712
Zona Zero Studios
- 20-year-old Zona Zero Recording Studios, located in Tuscon, Arizona, has faithfully offered various services to new and existing clients.
- They work around your budget by offering you hourly packages that will suit your recording needs; in this regard, no job is too small for them.
- Mario Bolaños, a professional recording Engineer, operates the studio by offering top-quality services in individual isolated and acoustic rooms in the studio.
- Their opening times are Monday to Friday (09:00-22:00), Saturday (14:00-22:00), and Sunday, they’re closed.
- One of their 83 (4.9) Google reviews reeks of a very satisfied client, “Best Studio In Tucson Hands Down!!! I wish I would’ve found this studio years ago […] Man thanks for the wonderful experience. I will be booking again very soon.”
email: [email protected]
245 S Plumer Ave ste 12, Tucson, AZ 85719
- Allusion Studios offers audio and video services that suites artists, five-piece bands, motion picture studios, or people looking to improve their recordings.
- Local and international artists/companies have been patronizing their services for the past 38 years. If this studio were a human, it’d be a full-grown adult.
- Jim Pavett, the owner of Allusion studios, is an electrical engineer and musician; His reason for building the studio? To provide “customer service, flawless and accurate sound, and dedication to cutting edge technology.”
- Studio recording
- Studio musicians
- Live sound recording (on-site)
- Vocal tunning
- CD/DVD duplication
- Forensic Audio Analysis
- Audio for film/video
- Audio restoration
- Music production
- Recording eduction
- Video production
- Media transfer
- Their recording workflow features digital high-resolution (32-bit, up to 192kHz) recording with total-recall automation.
- They also have a spacious live room, acoustically accurate isolation, and vocal booths to let you hear the true sound of music without hiss, degradation, or noise.
- Allusion’s business hours are Monday to Friday (10:00-17:00), but their recording session occurs 7 days a week based on appointment.
|$80||Music||Includes an engineer and the use of their entire facility (all rooms, instruments, amplifiers, and amenities).|
|$100||Voiceover with Phone Patch.||Includes an engineer, voiceover room, phone patch.|
|$175||ADR with Phone Patch||Includes an engineer, voiceover room, phone patch and ADR equipment.|
248 W Elm St, Suite 1, Tucson, AZ 85705
Jim Brady Recording Studios
- Jim Brady Recording Studios, located in Tucson, Arizona, is known for its state-of-the-art and vintage equipment.
- The studio has been operating since 1984 and is very capable of meeting the ever unsatiable needs of clients in the music industry.
- Their studio studios (A & B) have pretty decent equipment like the TRIDENT Series 80 and TRIDENT Series 70, coupled with two vocal booths.
- The list of Jim Brady clients looks like a queue on a Black Friday, including Paramount, Tucson Electric Power, NBC/Universal, MGM / UA, and others.
- Sessions at the studio are booked on appointments only and can be booked via the contact form on their website.
25 E Glenn St, Tucson, AZ 85705
Wavelab Recording Studio
- Located in the heart of downtown Tucson, Arizona, Wavelab Recording Studio has been creating a unique sonic signature that artists, friends, and musicians worldwide have embraced.
- Sitting on the 1.54K square foot piece of real estate is an open control room, an isolation room, and additional isolation booths for amplifiers.
- Some musicians who have been feeling their vibes for the past decade include KT Tunstall, Neko Case, Amos Lee, Iron and Wine, Calexico, Tom Russell, and Giant Sand.
- With their extensive list of analog and digital equipment, the studio is ready to take on anything from solo singers/songwriters to small orchestras.
- If you’re worried about accommodation, they have a 466-square-foot room, including a kitchen and full bath, to sleep five people comfortably.
|$70||Studio||1 hour||Includes an engineer and all in-house instruments and equipment.|
|$500||Studio||8 hours||Includes an engineer and all in-house instruments and equipment.|
|$600||Studio||10 hours||Includes an engineer and all in-house instruments and equipment.|
|$35||Studio||1 hour||All in the box mixing.|
|$350||Studio||Day rate||9am-9pm with no engineer.|
|$15||Studio||From 22:00||After hours rate for qualified engineers.|
|Bands||Talk to them about package deals.|
|Singer/Song Writers||Session musicians available upon request.|
111 S 6th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701
SOL Collective Studio
- Located in Tuscon, Arizona, Creative Collective’s main meal ticket is to help artists achieve the highest creative pursuit without breaking the bank.
- They provide recording, mixing, and music videos services in different genres like jazz, rock, hip-hop, pop, and classical.
- Some of their Google reviews epitomize the musing of satisfied clients: “Great place to records good nothing but good vibes!”
- “Great place to record!”, “Probably thee best recording studio and quality here in Tucson so far“.
- Their business hours are from Monday to Sunday (08:00-00:00), so you finally have another studio that operates from dusk to dawn.
|$100||Studio session||2 hours|
|$145||Studio session||3 hours|
|$190||Studio session||4 hours|
|$285||Studio session||6 hours|
|$380||Studio session||8 hours|
|$70||Custom instrumental session||2 hours|
|$100||Custom instrumental session||3 hours|
|$130||Custom instrumental session||4 hours|
|$200||Custom instrumental session||6 hours|
929 N Swan Rd, Tucson, AZ 85711