We have compiled a list of the best recording studios in Tennessee to help you find the perfect place to record your next album or project.
These are the most reputable recording studios in the state, with many years of experience and a long list of satisfied (and famous clients)!
If you are looking for a professional recording studio in Tennessee, this is the place to start your search.
When deciding on a recording studio, here are a few things to look out for:
1. The quality of the equipment:
The better the quality of the equipment, the better your recordings will sound. Make sure to ask about the studio's equipment before booking a session.
2. The experience of the engineers: The more experience the engineers have, the more likely they are to get great results. Ask about their experience and credentials before booking a session.
3. The studio's location:
The closer the studio is to you, the less time and money you'll have to spend on travel. Make sure to check out the studio's location before booking a session.
Now that you know what to look for in a recording studio, here are our top 10 😃
The Record Shop Recording Studio
- Located in La Vergne, Tennessee, the Record Shop is a recording studio and production company owned by Sean Giovanni; they offer services in the categories stated below.
- Tracking sessions
- Vocal sessions
- Mixing and mastering
- Demo production
- Drum recording
- Video production/Live recording
- The studio features a collection of impressive equipment that includes an analog gear, Pro Tools HDX, and other techie digital recorders.
- They are open from Monday to Sunday, 08:00 to 22:00, but you require an appointment to book a session or studio time.
- As per their rates, you would have to get in touch with them by filling out a contact form on their website. Reasons for this? Well, 1. Their rates are determined on a ‘per-project’ basis and on the requirements of your record.
2. They want you to focus on your music, and “not the clock”.
- A-list clients who have worked with them include Cowboy Troy, Sony Music (Nashville), Magic Mike, MTV, Universal Music Group, Tracy Lawrence, and … (wait for it), JOHN LEGEND. What other conviction do you need to take your project there?
2480 Moore Way, La Vergne, Tennessee 37086
Top Track Studio
- Gibran Sponchiado is an audio & mix engineer who co-founded Top Track Studios located in Nashville Tennessee; they offer the range of services listed below.
- Audio recording
- Live streaming
- Event space rental
- Purchase of Gift cards
- The first room, Studio A, comprises a tracking room, diffuser room, vocal booth, AMP locker, a lounge, and a control room. The second recording section, Studio B, is a multi-room suite which they say you can get more information about “upon request”.
- Do you want to host a VIP listening event, bachelor/bachelorette party, album release, holiday party, or corporate event? They have the space on their premises to accommodate whatever rocks your boat.
- Their audio recording service is equipped to comfortably house 10 performers with individual headphone cues each. And it is also capable of handling requests related to podcasting, audition tapes, audiobooks, overdubs, ADR, advertisements, or broadcasts.
- If you’re interested in booking a session or purchasing studio time, fill out a contact form on their website, shoot them an email or place a call.
2004 Lindell Ave., Nashville, TN 37203
The Castle Recording Studios
- Before The Castle Recording Studios became a proper studio as we know it today, a “lot” has happened in its over 90-year-old history. In a VERY (x10) brief summary, Chicago mobster and bookie, John P. Welch, built it circa 1929 as um … a “hideout and resting spot”.
End of story.
- Today though, Jozef Nuyens owns the studio located in Nashville Tennessee; unlike in the past, it now hosts music recordings and social events like weddings. And the studio manager is none other than Lance Van Dyke.
- Their Studio A has a 64-channel SSL 40000G+ that has the main cutting floor, a popular “stone room”, a fully equipped keys room, kitchen, and a lounge. Used for mixing or overdubs, Studio B has an ample iso booth, lounge, bathroom, kitchenette, sounding room, and an Otari Series 54 console to balance the equation.
- They have an impressive list of clients across different genres that include Hank Williams Jr., Dustin Lynch, Kirk Franklin, Dolly Parton, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Katy Perry, and Ziggy Marley. Are you impressed yet?
- If you wish to book a session or take your social event there, fill out a contact form on their website to get information about rates and pricing.
1393 Old Hillsboro Rd., Nashville, TN 37069
Sound Emporium Studios
- The story of Sound Emporium Studios isn’t complete without a brief throwback; 50+ years all the way back to 1969. Built by Jack Clement ( aka Cowboy Jack), the studio was formerly known as Jack Clement Recording Studios (JCRS).
- It was changed from JCRS to Sound Emporium Studios after it was sold in 1979 to Garth Fundis, and then to George Shinn later. The studio has worked with legends like Kenny Rogers, Taylor Swift, Jason Isbell, Pharrell Williams, and some grammy award winners.
- There are four studios in the epic castle, A, B, G, and Z with truly awesome gadgets at your mercy.
- Studio A has a spacious 32’ x 45’ recording space with 20’ ceilings and three separate isolation booths. Studio B features a 20’ x 22’ live recording space with 17’ cathedral ceilings, and a tracking space that contains four discrete isolation booths.
- Studio G is a mix/overdub room that is perfect for mixing, vocals, voiceovers, audiobooks, and has lots of windows, natural light, and a reinforced vocal booth. Studio Z is an overdub room (with 4 input channels for personal outboard gear) writing room, listening room, edit room, and in-the-box mixing room.
- Reach out to them via the contact form on their website to get information about the rates for their studio time or rental services.
3100 Belmont Blvd.,Nashville, TN 37212
The Sound Kitchen
- Birthed in 1994, Sound Kitchen has private lounges, a meeting place, and not 1, not 2, not 3, but 7 studios of different ranges, sizes, and specs. In their own words, they’re “Southeast’s largest legacy recording complex” and a “music city treasure”.
Summary of Studio Offerings
- Studio A has 3 large iso booths, Yamaha C7 grand piano, a 64-channel Neve VR console, vintage outboard gear, and a customizable live room.
- Studio B is a carbon copy of A, but with one large live room
- Studio C contains a 64-channel SSL 4000G+ console.
- D is a mixing environment and has an iso booth with an expansive control room.
- E also has a Yahama C7 grand piano, and 5 iso booths.
- If you need a budget-friendly studio where you can bring in your equipment and start spitting bars, the Plug & Play Cafe Studio is your best bet.
- Big Boy studio is armed to the teeth with powerful equipment, and 3.7K square feet of recording space.
- They say we should “#EatMusic”, and it’s not difficult to know why. Apart from their services to recording artists, they also have sumptuous offerings for corporate & private VIP events, team-building experiences, and group tours.
- Minus the 59 (4.8 stars) Google reviews they have, their clientele base is every letter of the word i-m-p-r-e-s-s-i-v-e: Taylor Swift, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, Backstreet Boys, Donna Summer, Dolly Parton, and many more.
- Sound Kitchen is eager to work with you, so they want you to reach out to them via the submission form on their website. And wait patiently to get feedback about the studio rates, availability, and quotes for private events.
Ira (ext. 225)
Dave (ext. 223)
112 Seaboard Lane, Franklin, TN 37067
American Recording Studio
- This studio with a rich history dating back to 1967 sets itself apart from others with some nice features like Accusound cabling, echo chambers, floated floors, acoustic design, and analog recording gear.
- American Recording Studio is located in Memphis, Tennessee, and owned by David Gicking; they offer services like recording, mixing, preamp, and processing.
- It has three isolation booths and a large tracking floor which signals a studio made for high-fidelity recordings.
- To book a session or get an idea of their rates, you have to send them a message via the contact form on their website.
- They prefer day bookings, but also provide hourly services. All their rates include an engineer and vary according to the services you want.
2272 Deadrick Ave, Memphis, TN 38114
Omni Sound Studios
- 35-year-old OmniSound Studios is located in Nashville Tennessee and is managed by the duo of Rory Rositas (chief Engineer), and Josh Emmons (staff engineer).
- They’ve worked with the industry’s creme de la creme like top artists, producers, engineers, and musicians. OmniSound doesn’t want a piece of your fortune, so they let you keep “all the rights and ownership of your songs. One hundred percent”.
- Their Studio A has a control room and large tracking space, it’s used for tracking, mixing, and overdubbing. Studio B has a large overdub booth used for overdubs, mixing, and editing.
- The last studio, Icon A, is also used for overdubs, editing, and mixing. It has an analog gear and a fully-loaded plugin library.
- Shoot them a message via the contact form on their website to get information about their rates and availability. Your session(s) will be accompanied by their producers and engineers who have created billboard charting music.
1806 Division St., Nashville, TN 37203
- Located in a 100-year-old Gothic revival greystone church, Ocean Way Nashville Recording Studios was founded 26 years ago by Gary Belz and Allen Sides, then purchased from them by Belmont University in 2021.
- Their three studios (A, B, and C) have impressive and quite intimidating equipment matched by lounges that could be best described as a full option.
- Services offered
- Sound design
- Surround mixing
- Film/TV scoring
- Video shoots
- They have worked with a long list of A-list clients like Beyonce, Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Disney, Christina Aguilera, CeCe Winans, memorable Celine Dion, and others.
- It’s not hard to see why they have an average of 4.9 stars in 110 Google reviews from customers who have used their services.
- For information about booking a session and the associated rates, you can send them a message via the contact form on their website.
1200 17th Avenue, South, Nashville, TN 37212
- Blackbird Studios was founded by husband and wife, John McBride and Martina McBride, in 2002.
- Custom session
- Audio rentals
- Located in Nashville Tennessee, the facility houses nine studios (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I) and a post-secondary audio engineering school.
- If you want to rent equipment from them, there are about 1.4K models and types of ultra-rare, esoteric, and one-of-a-kind ‘toys’ to choose from.
- Booking a Blackbird custom session guarantees you will be attached to one of their producers and engineers for professional support.
- To book a recording session there or make any other inquiries, you can call and/or fill out a reservation form on their website.
2806 Azalea Pl, Nashville, TN 37204
Beaird Music Group Inc
- Larry Beaird, the owner of Beaird Music Group Inc., is a producer and past nominee for the Academy of Country Music award for Guitarist of the Year. He has produced songs that featured prominent names like Dolly Parton.
- The digital recording facility offers services to songwriters, artists, publishers, and record labels in their state-of-the-art studios, each featuring ProTools.
- Musical recordings
- Songwriter demo packages
- Tracking session
- They can book vocalists for your songs (if necessary), however, their fees are not part of the studio’s packages. There are some vocals on their samples page for you to chew on.
- Need to send your demo? The quickest route is to shoot them an email and attach the lyric sheet and a rough work tape MP3.
- For payments, they accept all major credit cards, personal checks, money orders, cashier checks, in-person payments, and PayPal.
Premier Recording Packages For Single Songs
|$675||Premier Demo||One Song (The ‘Demo' is intended for pitching/promotion)|
|$825||Premier Master||One Song (The ‘Master' includes signed work-for-hire forms and allows for unlimited sales)|
|$250||Per song||To upgrade a previously recorded ‘demo’ to ‘master’(plus vocalist if needed).|
|The Premier Recording packages include the following:- 6 World-Class Musicians: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, and Steel.- Up to 3 hours of studio time (after tracking with the musicians) for vocals and mixing, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes.- Songs recorded with a Premier’package are eligible for an ‘Evening With A Publisher’.|
Premier Full Session Packages for EPs and Albums
|$3350||Up To Six Songs||The ‘Demo' is intended for pitching/promotion|
|$4200||Up To Six Songs||The ‘Master' includes signed work-for-hire forms and allows for unlimited sales.|
|The Premier Full Session Packages include:- One 3-Hour Recording Session with 6 World-Class Musicians for recording up to six songs.- Up to 15 hours of Studio Time included for vocals and mixing. (Additional studio time, if needed, is $90 per hour (including engineer).- – Songs recorded with a Premier’package are eligible for an ‘Evening With A Publisher’.|
Premier Demo Track and Transfer – Single Song (no studio time for vocals/mixing included)
|$600||Song transferred to WAV files.||This option is for when you are recording the vocals and mixing elsewhere.|
Premier Master Track and Transfer – Single Song (no studio time for vocals/mixing included)
|$750||Song transferred to WAV files.||Signed musician Work For Hire forms included.|
|$550||Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums.||Includes up to 3 hours of studio time to sing and mix, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes.|
|$350||Acoustic guitar only.||Includes up to 2 hours of studio time to sing and mix, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes.|
|$350||Piano only.||Includes up to 2 hours of studio time to sing and mix, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes.|
Extra Instruments for single songs
|$150 each||Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums.||You can add any of these additional instruments: Fiddle, Mandolin, Dobro, Harmonica, Strings (Keyboard), Piano, Electric Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Classical Guitar, and a 12-String Guitar.|
|$200 per song||Chord arrangement Help||If you send a tape with singing only (without a musical instrument) or if you otherwise need chord arrangement help.|
|$90 per hour||The cost for studio time includes the engineer.||If needed beyond included time.|
2703 Greystone Road, Nashville, TN 37204
Don't Forget Your Recording Session Essentials…
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including...
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast...
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody...
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at...
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take...
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a...
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability,...
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices...
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to...
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple...
You never know when you're going to need a power bank. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.