We have compiled a list of the best recording studios in South Dakota to help you find the perfect place to record your next album or project.
These are the most reputable recording studios in the state, with many years of experience and a long list of satisfied (and famous clients)!
If you are looking for a professional recording studio in South Dakota, this is the place to start your search.
When deciding on a recording studio, here are a few things to look out for:
1. The quality of the equipment:
The better the quality of the equipment, the better your recordings will sound. Make sure to ask about the studio's equipment before booking a session.
2. The experience of the engineers: The more experience the engineers have, the more likely they are to get great results. Ask about their experience and credentials before booking a session.
3. The studio's location:
The closer the studio is to you, the less time and money you'll have to spend on travel. Make sure to check out the studio's location before booking a session.
Now that you know what to look for in a recording studio, here are our top 10 😃
These Are The Best Music Studios In The State!
- All Poetic Audio
- Borderline Music Studios
- Wolvii Records
- Riverside Studios
- Flat Iron
- Crow Peak Studios
- Gopher Recording Studios
- Earsay Audio Recordings
- Bassment Rock Media
- Del Soul Studios
All Poetic Audio
- Located in Scotland, South Dakota, All Poetic Audio is a professional, full-time audio recording studio. They cater to many music genres like metal, hardcore, metalcore, djent, rock, hard rock, pop-punk, and punk.
- The studio is owned by Jeremy Schaeffer whose passion for music started when he was nine. Sticking to his love for the trade, he eventually graduated with an audio recording engineering degree in 2009.
- They have a full control room, live room, and an isolation room coupled with a Band Suite that has complimentary lodging for all bands.
- Vocal Tuning
- Video Editing
- The lodge can sleep six people and has a living room, bedroom, kitchen, full bathroom, TVs, and free WiFi to match. For your session, the studio appreciates it if you only bring one friend to avoid distractions while recording.
- Fill out the contact form on their website to get information about the rates, availability, or if you have any other questions for Jeremy.
340 Cherry St, Scotland, SD 57059
Borderline Music Studios
- Borderline Studios, alongside ‘Original 55’, a private indie label, is owned by the parent company known as B.L.O Group Music (which is also into music digital distribution).
- The studio, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, specializes in mixing vocals for pop, Christian, R&B, jazz, and hip-hop to make custom audio productions, beats, and tracks.
- Vocal tracking
- Beat production
- Pitch correction
- Music distribution
- Music video
- To use the facility, you have to pay a 50% deposit before your session can start; they collect cash, and PayPal, but not credit cards.
- Their business hours are from Monday through Sunday, 10:00 to 18:00; they also offer after-hours sessions, but it’s by appointment only. Note: you can only bring two friends who will not cause distractions or make noise during a recording session.
- Request a quote if you want to book a session or purchase studio time via the contact form on their website.
3209 South Prairie Ave Sioux Falls SD United States 57105
- Located in Sioux Falls, Wovii Records was born in 2018 by Nathaniel Wolverton, his brother, and a third partner, Wade Randall.
- Nathaniel has an eye for recognizing talents and is keen on assisting people to achieve their music dreams by using his recording hub to take their music to the next level.
- Mixing and mastering
- Beats and instrumentals
- Commercial and Ads
- If you need a professional vocal mix, beats, or instrumental to write to, a backing track for commercials, or space for podcasts, it’s a piece of cake for them.
- One of their clients had this to say in their Google reviews: “Nathan is an amazing engineer, and has great people working for him [...] Totally would recommend to anyone!” Customers are always right, and if they say you’re good, then you are good. Period!
- You can call or send an SMS to them for information about their rates, and availability. To book a session, you can do that via Booksy, a scheduling application on their website; once your booking is confirmed, there’s a 50% deposit to be paid.
530 N. Kiwanis Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Riverside Studios currently specializes in producing podcasts, vocal recording, and mixing services.
- Samples of the podcasts they’ve completed like L.Y.N.X and the Verb are available on their website and Spotify, as well.
- They offer rental services for tech-savvy audio nerds who would like to use their top-of-the-line recording equipment.
- And if you’re just innocently confused, you know, not sure about what you need, they offer paid consultations. So, that’s one creative hack for you.
- Send them a message via the contact form on their website to get information about consultations, rates, availability, and studio time.
|$60||Studio rental||60 minutes|
|$100||Podcast Episode - Full Production||60 minutes|
|$200||Podcast Episode Batching - 2 Episodes - Full Production||120 minutes|
|$400||Podcast Episode Batching - 4 Episodes - Full Production||240 minutes|
|$600||Podcast Episode Batching - 6 Episodes - Full Production||360 minutes|
300 N. Dakota Ave, Suite 603, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Located in the art district of downtown Rapid City, South Dakota, Flat Iron is owned by Scott Miller Sr. and Scott Miller Jr. With a 450 square-foot live room sitting under 12 ceilings, the studio caters to different kinds of projects from live bands to single artists.
- Apart from their vintage/modern guitars, they also have amps and pianos that include brands like Gibson, Fender, Wurlitzer, and ESP. These are on standby if you need them during a session.
- Their list of clients includes Wolf Films (Chicago Fire NBC) Burlap Wolf King, Tinderbox, Dogs Without Sweaters, Black Hills Symphony, The Union Grove Pickers, Jami Lynn, and Dylan James.
- They can add mandolin, ukulele, harmonica, keyboards, or vocals to your project at no added cost (just payment for studio time), so you don’t need to hire other musicians if you want a full band sound.
- You also have the luxury of bringing projects recorded elsewhere for them to spice it up with either real drums, better bass, or solos. They are open 13:00 - 22:30 on Mondays; 13:00 - 18:00 on Fridays; 12:00 - 16:00 on Saturdays; and you can also book a session on Sunday.
|$50||Two hours or more|
|$75||Live recording at your location|
605.391.4704 (Scott Sr.)
605.863.2401 (Scott Jr.)
505 Kansas City St. Suite 2, Rapid City, SD. 57701
Crow Peak Studios
- Graduate of Applied Science in Recording & Music Technology, Jaycen Tichi, owns Crow Peak, a recording studio based in Spearfish, South Dakota.
- Based on Jaycen’s experience working with different genres like folk, pop, hip-hop, jazz, ska reggae, and progressive rock, the studio is poised to handle your project(s) professionally.
- One of their selling points is the ability to take a previous recording of direct input for guitar and re-record it through various amps and effect pedals; good for artists who can leisurely record direct input.
- Do you want to edit your project? Jaycen has lots of resources like Sony, Waves, and Avid to help you achieve the desired end result.
- To book a session, studio time, or make general inquiries, you can either call or send them an email. Alternatively, you could fill out the contact form waiting eagerly for you on their website.
+1 (605) 210-2255
28, Lantern Cir., Spearfish, South Dakota 57783
Gopher Recording Studios
- Located in Willow Lake, South Dakota, 25-year-old Gopher Recording Studio is a multi-track functional studio that wants to “make your dream a reality”. The studio is owned by Leland Harding III, a Graduate of the Audio Institute of America. He has had experience creating music in a band setting, recording, producing, and writing songs.
- Gopher is a studio like no other. Why? They allow you to trade in an item you’re not using anymore (an old guitar, car… just anything you want to sell) in exchange to pay for a song or an album.
- They have worked with many clients including SnapCracker, Dan Johnson, Anton Mack, Shades of Air, Roy Hope, Kenny Elliot, Wes Monshaugen, White Creek, Larry Yarrow, and Harold Johnson.
- If you know how to sing, but can’t handle instruments, no qualms. Record the vocals, send them in, and they’ll mix them into your song; end of the story.
- You can call or shoot them an email for inquiries about booking a session. To make payment(s), they accept cash, counter checks, monthly payments, trade, and cards through PayPal.
- Tape to CD transfer
- Demo Song
- Fully Produced Album
- Live Sound
- Music Videos
- Social Media/Promotion
617 2nd St, Willow Lake, SD 57278
Earsay Audio Recordings
- Earsay Audio Recordings is a studio in Sioux Falls, South Dakota that makes remote multitrack recordings with specializations in acoustic classical and jazz.
- They have offerings such as forensic noise reduction, audio recovery from cassette players, open reels, and portable devices.
- And if you have old family heirloom recordings, they can help you convert them to a modern format for future generations to relish.
- Audio Recordings
- Remote multitrack recordings
- Band, orchestra & choir live and session recordings.
- Live jazz band recordings
- CD and DVD duplication
- Conversion to CDs (Cassette, Open Reel, Records, both long play and 78rpm Micro Cassette)
- Noise Reduction and Audio Restoration
- They have provided their services to the South Dakota Symphony, colleges, high school ensembles, jazz quartets, and fiddle performances.
- To book a session or get information about their rates, fill out the contact form on their website.
2116 S. Minnesota Ave., Ste 3, Sioux Falls SD 57105
Bassment Rock Media
- Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Bassment Rock Media specializes in services like music production, videography, photography, and consulting services.
- The studio provides recording, mixing, and mastering services using the FL Studio software in their recording facility.
- You can convert your old analog multi-track recordings to a digital format; if you need backing tracks for your live show or song, they can help with that, too.
- Recording Studios
- Music Videos
- Photography & Editing
- Independent Record Label
- They want you to contact them if you have a proposal for a project or collaboration, they’ll review it and let you know if it’s something they can jump on.
- Reach out to them via the contact form on their website for information about how to book some studio time. Alternatively, you can shoot them a direct message on any of their social media handles.
7913 W Pettigrew Ln, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57106
Del Soul Studios
- Chief engineer and audio engineering graduate, Ramon Gonzalez, is the founder and owner of Del Soul Studios located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Ramon and the other experienced members of his team provide studio recording, mixing and mastering, and IT services in the facility.
- They promise to bring your musical vision to life with precise mixing and mastering that will give your audience an optimal listening experience.
- If you take your next project there, you’re sure to enjoy their high-end studio session and best-in-class recording equipment.
- Get in touch with them to book an appointment via the social media handles or the contact form on their website.
505 5th St, Ste 250, Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Don't Forget Your Recording Session Essentials...
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
SAMSUNG SSD T7 Portable External Solid State Drive 1TB, Up to 1050MB/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Reliable Storage for Gaming, Students, Professionals, MU-PC1T0T/AM, Gray
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including crucial business documents, games, or movies.Computer Platform:PC
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s, respectively, making the T7 2x as fast as the previous T5 model
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody construction adds further protection, keeping your data safe from falls of up to 6 ft and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at an optimal temperature even at fast speeds
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take your files on the go
- FIND YOUR BEST FIT: Pick a color from classic gray to striking blue and red, and choose from three capacities to fit what your lifestyle demands: 500 GB, 1TB, or 2TB
- SIMPLE SETUP: The T7 comes embedded with software to help you set up a password to get the latest firmware updates for your PC, Mac, or Android devices; You can also download the mobile app for Android smartphones and tablets
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
BLJIB Portable Charger 32000mAh, 22.5W QC 3.0 PD 20W Smart LED Display Fast Charging Built in Cables Power Bank, External Battery Pack Charge 5 Devices Compatible with Cellphones (Black)
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a business trip or on the go, you don't have to worry about your phone low battery; Power bank built in cable with LED display shows the remaining battery, and the low power remind will let you know when need be recharged.
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability, tear-resistant, bend-resistant; suitable for most smartphones, or other devices, no worry about the cables when going out.
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices including earphones, mobile phones, smartwatches. Fully recharge this portable charger power bank only need 6.5 hours with a PD 20W charger, which will help you save more time.
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to charge for Samsung S20 up to 65% by the original mobile phone charging cable, it greatly shortens your charging time; And you can charge 5 devices simultaneously, perfect for sharing them with your family and friends. (Note: If not charged with the original cable, the charging speed will be twice as slow )
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple safety protection including overcharge, overheat, short circuit, etc; which improve your safety and prolong battery life; It weighs less than a 500ml bottle of water, a little heavy but great choice for camping, traveling, hiking or other outdoor activities.
- What You Get: 1 * BLJIB 32000mAh power bank, 1 * Type-C fast charging cable, 1 * User Manual. And 3 years warranty policy and 24 hours friendly customer service. (Reminder: The battery bank is NOT TSA approved)
You never know when you're going to need a power bank. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.