Incident Music Labs
- Owned and operated by Lydia Dorn, Incident Music Labs is a music and media recording studio that’s located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- They have isolation booths for guitar amps, 3 different vocal booths, a full drumkit with mics, a green screen, and location photography/videos. Other services include the following below:
Making contacts with music venues
Helping out with electronic press kits (EPKs)
Promotional and CD cover photography
- Kindly note that if you’re MIA (no-shows) 3 times, you will not be rescheduled again. If you miss your studio appointment without calling, your session will be canceled.
- For those who arrive early at the studio, you’re advised to sit in the lobby and keep talking or music to a minimum. Loitering is not permitted, so you have to leave once your session is over.
- Their studio guidelines contain more interesting stuff that will help prevent any friction while recording in the building, you should read them. And oh, Illegal drugs are not allowed on the premises. At all!
|$60/hour||Singer/songwriter||Defined by a vocalist and one instrument.You play an instrument or you would like our staff to come up with the music for a song you have written.|
|$50/hour||Prerecorded Tracks||You have pre-recorded tracks that they will download from your memory device, phone, or from the internet and you will be singing, rapping, or vocalizing over these tracks.|
|$40/hour||Spoken word||Advertisement, podcast, poetry, spoken word, blog, jingle, or any commercial recording less than 15 minutes|
|$90/hour||Bands (including post-production mix)||– Most musician setup time will not be charged but, come early to make sure that your band is able to start on time.- They don’t charge for drummer setup UNLESS you insist on using your own kit. In that case, the hour will begin as soon as a drummer arrives at the setup.- The “hour” starts at the beginning of your appointment and ends one hour later.|
|$60-$100/song (basic rate)||Mixing & Mastering||– Rates vary depending on the audio engineer you choose. – Depends on how many songs you want to master, mix, track out count, and other factors.|
|$250 per song||Depends on the complexity and the photographer/videographer you want to use if the video is shot completely in the vocal booth.|
|– There’s an upcharge for the next hour If the shoot takes over an hour – If you are not recording but shooting only a video in the studio, that’s the charge for an hour of studio time.|
|$100||– The basic rate for any photo session to be paid in full before the shoot begins. This will cover props and most editing. Additional staff (make-up, models, etc) will be an additional charge.|
|$350||The basic rate for a video shoot must be paid in full before the shoot begins. This will cover the shoot, lighting, and editing of photos or short videos (< 5 minutes).|
Rates for Offsite Videos and Photos
|$100||The basic rate for any photo session is to be paid in full before the shoot begins. Additional staff (make-up, models, etc) will be an additional charge.|
|$350||The basic rate for video begins at this amount and must be paid in full before the shoot begins. Distance of travel, equipment needed, and length of shot will be determining factors for an additional cost.|
|$100||– Additional drone rates for videos. – Drone shots will be done in safe surroundings and within the legal limits. – Any contested airspace restrictions will have to be cleared in writing before the shoot begins.|
Photo & Video Studio Rental
|$50||For any professional photography or videography equipment brought into the studio for the purposes of filming or taking promotional photos (exception being cell phones in the recording studio area).|
|$75/hour||Use of the green screen and photography area feer. Any additional props or equipment may add an additional cost.|
(864) 386-5949 – Root
(864) 325-1278 – Phil
(864) 432-0931 – Kavon
(408) 316.8826 – AJ
1200 Woodruff Road Ste C-31, Greenville, SC 29607
- Established in 2015 and located in St. Andrews, SC, V12 Studios is a multifaceted recording facility that also runs subsidiary businesses like V12 Music Group, V12 Multimedia, and V12 Da Label.
- Opened from 10:00 to 22:00, Monday to Friday. They have a mobile studio available if you can’t come to their studio.
Other services offered at the facility are listed below.
- They have 4 departments, or as they call it “work rooms” for recording that are memorably named A Room (Luxury car), B Room (Sports car), Production Room (Motorcycle), Mastering Room (Pick-up Truck), and V Room (SUV).
- To book a session there, just visit the booking page on their website and select any one of the offerings that resonate with you. You can pay with a Visa card, MasterCard, and any other kind of payment.
- Whichever session you book, there’s an online scheduling system that automatically checks if a member of staff will be available for the day/time selected. “Truly there are no limits”, as a motto on their website states.
|$75||60 minutes||V room|
|$75||60 minutes||A room|
|$55||60 minutes||B room|
|$65||60 minutes||Mixing & Mastering|
3007 Broad River Rd. Ste E Columbia, SC 29210
Y&N Recording Studios
- “We go above and beyond to make sure our clients are satisfied”, that’s the word of “Staqz”, the head engineer and owner of Y&N Recording Studios located in Forest Acre, South Carolina.
- You’re required to pay a 50% deposit if you want any of their services like getting a custom beat, music recording, production, mixing, and mastering.
- They have a policy that allows them not to book you in the future if you don’t call or show up for your session. Late arrival eats into your studio time, and if you’re 30 minutes out, your session will be canceled.
- It is very easy to get studio time. Just visit their webpage, select the service you want, the date, the time, and finally enter your details. They’re open from 12:00 to 00:00, Monday to Saturday. Sunday is for church (or something else), so don’t expect to get an appointment.
- You’re sure to come back for more as one of their customers said in one of their 4.9-star Google reviews “Definitely coming back ASAP! Staqz knows exactly what he is doing turned my song into a masterpiece.”
|$200/hour||Standard Mix and Mastering||Mixing and mastering song with Mp3 or Wav file.|
|$300||Standard mix and mastering (with Trackouts)||Mixing and mastering song with individual beat stems.|
|$50||Production (Standard Lease)||-Basic Lease -Producer Will Be Able To Resell Beat|
|$200||Production (Standard custom)||-Producer Will Make Beat On The Spot-Producer Will Be Allowed To Resell Beat|
|$400||Production (Exclusive)||– Artist Will Own Full Rights -Y&N Recording Studios Will Not Be Able To Sell To Any Other Artist|
|$600||Production (Custom exclusive)||-Producer Will Make Beat On The Spot – Artist Will Own Full Rights -Y&N Recording Studios Will Not Be Able To Sell To Any Other Artist|
5122 Two Notch Rd, Columbia, SC 29204
Sit and Spin Recording Studios
- Sit-N-Spin Recording Studios located in Greenville County, South Carolina, is owned by Matt Morgan, a musician, composer, and producer. The studio has been serving the community for 15 years and counting.
- His studio provides recording, mixing, mastering, video shooting, custom music, and photography services. And they have stunned regional and local clients, including the popular Fete Magazine, with their professionalism.
- He has engineered and produced albums with several stars including Marcus King Band, Jacob Johnson, Whitney Walters, Charles Hedgepath, and wait for it … almighty DMX. Are you still doubting his competence?
- Matt’s corporate clients include Audi, HP, Lionsgate, Animal Planet, Greenville Technical College, Facebook, and a host of others. There are some interesting free audio and video samples on their website for all the doubting Thomases out there.
- The studio is open 7 days a week, and you can get a quote or book an appointment by getting in touch with them. If you’re not from around the neighborhood, there’s a Google map integration for directions on their website.
|$90||Rap recording Package||2 hours studio time.Free Mastering.|
|$150||Singer-songwriter 3 Song Demo Deal||(1-2 people).3 hours studio time.Free Mastering.|
|$299||Singer/songwriter 5 song EP||6 hours studio time.1-hour free mixing tweaks.free mastering.|
|$350||Band 3 Song Demo Deal||7 hours studio time.free set up time.Free Mastering.|
|$550||Band 5 Song EP||11 hours of total studio time5 hours basic tracking3 hours vocals/overdubs3 hours mixingFree Mastering|
|$499||Singer/Songwriter Live Video Demo||3 songs (1-2 people)2 hours studio/filming1-hour audio mixing2 hours video editing|
|$750||Band 3 Song Live Video Demo||3 songs3 Hours studio/video recording2 hours audio mixing3 hours video editing|
|$150||Per hour||Video Podcast|
10 Michael Drive Greenville SC 29611
BCM Recording Studios
- 20-year-old BCM Recording Studio is located in Charleston, South Carolina. Their meal ticket comes from any has to do with any genre including rap, rock, R&B, Jazz, and Salsa.
- BCM studio is ready for bands, live instrumentation, overdubs, and choir; they serve artists and music professionals from across the music spectrum.
- A 50% deposit is required for your session to begin, and the balance will be paid when your project is completed. You can pay by cash, PayPal, and any other major credit card.
- To book a session, you can visit their studio, call, send them an email, or fill out the contact form on their website. They have some fantastic equipment that’ll bring out the Michael Jackson creativity in you.
- Check out the music samples on their website to give you an idea of what they can dish out.
|$80/hour||Live instruments, drum sessions, & any specialty project|
|$140||Silver mix||1 SongBasic Equalization, Compression, Noise Gate, Reverb, Delay & DeEssing.8 Tracks or 8 Stem Limit.Mastering Included.1-2 Day Turnaround.|
|$210||Gold mix||1 SongAdvanced Equalization, Compression, Noise Gate, Reverb, Delay, DeEssing.Noise Reduction, Click and Pop Elimination.Manual Vocal Editing.16 Tracks or 16 Stem Limit.1 Revision.Mastering Included.1-3 Day Turnaround.|
|$280||Platinum mix||1 SongAdvanced Equalization, Compression, Noise Gate, Reverb, Delay, DeEssing.Noise Reduction, Click and Pop Elimination.Manual Vocal Editing.16 Tracks or 16 Stem Limit.1 RevisionMastering Included.1-3 Day Turnaround.|
5521 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29406
Studio 101 Recording
- Studio 101 is is a recording studio that possesses vintage analog and modern digital tools; It’s located outside downtown South Carolina, off I-85 between Greenville, and Spartanburg.
- Their list of clients includes The Dixie Melody Boys, Monty Allen (Alan Jackson), Dr. Mac Arnold, Delvin Choice (The Voice), Mike Mosely (Tupac) – not The legendary Tupac Shakur, though.
- They’re flexible on their studio rates, which include an engineer, especially if the booking is an extended one. Their passion, they say, is to “help local musicians make awesome sounding recordings”.
- The studio is open from 08:00 to 23:00, Monday to Sunday. If you’re ready to book a session, you can call or fill out a contact form on their website.
- All you need to fill on the form is just your name, email address, phone number, and the service you’d like to access.
|–||Studio time||Quotes are available based on project needs.|
|–||Mixing||Contact them for a quote.|
|–||Music production||Contact them for a quote.|
|–||In-studio video||Contact them for a quote.|
4860 Hwy 101, Woodruff, SC 29388
- Located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Speaklife facility is littered with standard gear and staffed with talented audio engineers. Launched in 2015, their vocal booth (and control room) in the studio is acoustically treated.
- Your session here includes a basic rough mix of your recording like EQ, compression, reverb, auto-tune, and you’ll be accompanied by an engineer as well.
- Do you want to tour the facility? Say no more. Every first Saturday of the month, you can get a free 30-minute walk-around that lasts for 1 whole hour. Fill out the contact form on the website, and make sure you include ‘Studio Tour RSVP’ in the subject line.
- They will also gladly mix songs you’ve recorded somewhere else; there’s just one caveat (or two, actually). You’ll need to provide them with the ProTools Session file (.ptx), or the individual file/separated Session Track-Outs. And don’t forget to label them before clicking the send button.
- It’s a smoking-free zone facility, and they’re open all through Monday to Saturday, 10:00 to 22:00, except Sunday. There’s a booking page on their website that you can use to request studio time.
|$160.00||2 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$240||3 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$320||4 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$400||5 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$480||6 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$560||7 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$640||8 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
|$500||Custom Beat Production|
|$80||1 Hour Recording Session (Engineer Included w/ Rate)|
359 Whitney Rd Ste 14 Spartanburg, SC 29303
- Producer/engineer, Jordan Costello, gave birth to this recording studio in his bedroom and has been nurturing it for over 12 years. During that period, he has cooked up crazy beats for many hip-hop, R&B, and pop artists.
- Located in Summerville, South Carolina, they feature some of the latest music recording gear in the business; services you will get at the studio are listed below.
High-quality master recordings
YouTube-ready music videos
Post audio and
- Before you go ahead to book your session or purchase studio time, it’s important you speak with an engineer. This is because deposits are non-refundable, and dates are confirmed once payment has been made.
- If you want to book a session for your next big hit single, you can call, send them an email or fill out a contact form on their website. Easy, squeezy!
- You can listen to some of the awesome beats Costello Studios has produced on their website if you need more conviction.
|$350||Tracking (Half day)||4 hours|
|$650||Drums (Full day)||8 hours|
1246 Bacons Bridge Rd, Summerville, SC 29485
Jam Room Studio
- Located in Columbia, South Carolina, Jam Room Studios has been assisting artists “ move forward with their goals since 1988.” It offers custom analog mastering, DDP production, mastering for vinyl, and stem mastering.
- If you send a few seconds to read some of the Google reviews left by their customers, a particular one jumps at you regarding a client who performed at Barrack Obama’s inauguration.
- Here’s an excerpt: “[…] quite simply it’s the only recording studio like it in the world. Even my old band – still performing – that played for the historic inaugurations for both Barack Obama & Nikki Haley recorded our audio-bed there for the video that got us those gigs […]Thanks again guys!!!
- Booking a session is one of the easiest things to do on their website because the booking system is the first set of information you’ll see on the landing page.
- Just call or shoot them an email, and you’re done; they open from Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 18:00. By the way, Jam studio is Itunes certified, so there’s one more reason to take them for a spin.
201 S Prospect St, Columbia, SC 29205
- Located 2 miles from historic downtown in Charleston, South Carolina, Truphonic is a 2-bedroom, spacious private 3K square-foot facility designed by studio designer Wes Lachot and managed by Elliot Elsey.
- Built to serve recording artists and music professionals from around the world, they offer mixing, ADR, voiceover, mastering, and recording services. Their list of clients includes Dangermuffin, Daryl Hall, Elise Testone, The Dead 27s, Lindsay, Hollar, The Royal Tinfoil, and The Archetypes to mention a very minute few.
- They have a large live room, 3 vocal booths spanning 1K square feet of real estate, and some impressive equipment that sounds like instruments in a Sci-fi movie. Don’t believe it? Knock yourself out on their website.
- Individual rooms in the facility are fitted with XLR, line, and Cat 6 creating what is best described in their own words as the “soundscaping isolation producers and engineers dream about” (this is not clout chasing, the hard facts are there on their premises).
- Guess who their artist-In-residence is at the facility? Have you heard about Quentin Baxter? No? OMG! It’s fine, check Google. For bookings, information about their rates, and studio time, fill out the contact form on their website.
816B St. Andrews Blvd. Charleston, SC 29407
Don’t Forget Your Recording Session Essentials…
1. Game Plan
You should go in there with a plan of what you want to achieve. This will make it easier on both you and the engineer, and will help keep things moving along.
2. External Hard Drive
- PORTABLE STORAGE: The light, pocket-sized Portable SSD T7 delivers fast speeds with easy and reliable data storage for transferring large files, including...
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfer massive files within seconds with the incredible speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2; Embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast...
- BUILT STRONG AND SECURE: Unlike HDDs, the Portable SSD T7 has no moving parts so it's more resistant to shock; Plus, its solid aluminum unibody...
- RELIABLE THERMAL SOLUTION: The T7’s advanced thermal solution uses the Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so the portable SSD stays at...
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Roughly the size of a credit card and only weighing 2 oz, the T7 fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and is light enough to take...
Get yourself an external hard drive. This way, you can take your sessions home with you and have a backup in case something goes wrong.
- Battery Pack with LED Display: 32000mAh Li-polymer can 8 charges for typical iPhone, 6 charges for Samsung Galaxy, 3 charges for iPad Mini, perfect for a...
- Portable Charger with Built in Cables: The integrated cables with grooves are convenient for storage, more than 10,000 bending tests prove its durability,...
- PD 20W Quick Recharging: Micro input, iOS input, Type-C (PD 20W) input & output support bidirectional quick speed charge for most mainstream devices...
- Power Bank Fast Charging: 2 USB-A QC 22.5W output and 1 Type-C PD 20W output, which only takes 30 mins to charge for iPhone 12 up to 50% and 40 mins to...
- Comfortable and Safe Design: The Ergonomic design fits comfortably and stylish in your palm; besides, the rechargeable power bank is equipped with multiple...
You never know when you’re going to need a power bank. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
4. Snacks and drinks
Stay hydrated and fueled up so you can perform at your best.